[squid-users] Authentication related query

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:18:01 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,
    The squid is configured to use pam_auth as a basic
auth helper and the cache is disabled.For every url
request a popup window appears asking for user name
and password.
    Is there a way to avoid this from happening for
every request?The requirement is as follows :-
    The first time a request comes from a particular
IP , the login page should be popped up.But for some
defined time interval , any requests coming from the
same IP should not be asked to login.
    I tried setting the credentialsttl option in the
squid.conf file but it doesn't serve the purpose.I
think we need the IP and the current time when the
first time successful authentication happens for that
IP to be mapped and saved in the user cache.Each time
a request comes in this mapping will have to be
compared with the allowed time period and only if the
time has exceeded the the user should be prompted to
relogin.
    Kindly tell me how to do this.
   Regards and TIA,
     Deepa