Re: [squid-users] Aggressive tune up?

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:24:50 -0400

> I tried to tune up my Linux (kernel 2.4.20) to get optimal performance, but
> get problem.

You need to REALLY know what you're doing before you start tinkering with VM
settings - it's easy to make a mistake and make your system unstable.

> I am really curios by using the such setting. Few months ago system run
> very good. But within last few weeks Squid becomes unstable, very slow
> until could not serve the requests. It can back to normal without any
> action. However, if I shutdown the Squid and reload, it becomes back normal
> immediately (then unstable again).

If your tinkering has introduced system instability, then of course Squid will
be unstable. Change your kernel settings back to the defaults and see if
Squid starts acting properly. If not, post your question again.

Adam