Re: [squid-users] can't remount rootfs readonly when squid runs

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:20:51 +0100

On Sunday 21 September 2003 10:10 pm, Andreas Schulze wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a system running from a readonly root filesystem.
> Files which need to be written are in a tmpfs.
>
> but 'mount -o remount,rw /' failes wenn squid is running.

This command will remount / to be read-write; the title of your email says
you want to remount read-only. Which are you trying to do?

Also, where do you have your squid cache directory and log directory pointing
to?

Regards,

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes.
If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.