Re: [squid-users] squid and iproute

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:34:21 +0100

On Sunday 21 September 2003 10:22 pm, boka wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have problem with transparent proxy feature using squid and linux
> iproute utility - i want to remowe squid from my main router - solution
> taken from LARTC howto.
>
> The problem is that marked packtes by iptables are not routed to
> destination squid machine - I know that marking is working because
> countners in iptables are biger.

I suggest you'll find more people who know about this sort of thing at the
netfilter mailing list, or (if there is one, I'm not sure) an iproute2
mailing list.

People on this list generally deal with getting squid to do its job once the
requests arrive, not with with unusual means of getting packets across the
network to the squid box.

There may be someone here who can answer your question, but I wouldn't bet on
it.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.