Re: [squid-users] squid and iproute

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:39:43 +0100

On Sunday 21 September 2003 10:42 pm, Robert Collins wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 07:22, boka wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > - required options to iptables:
> > PREROUTING -s 10.10.32.61 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j MARK
> > --set-mark 0x2
> > - table to rt_tables:
> > echo 202 www.out >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
> > - ip rule command:
> > ip rule add fwmark 2 table www.out
> > - ip route command (squid machine is in a different network than router)
> > ip route add default via 10.10.21.2 via 10.10.20.1 dev eth0 table www.out
>
> This looks suspect - two via' statements?

Indeed. I'm no iproute2 expert, but if 2 via statements is correct, then I
can only assume it's trying to do some sort of source routing - and you won't
find many routers (or even hosts) which will accept that sort of thing these
days...

> Secondly, if squid is not on the LAN attached to this router, you will
> need to perform similar ip route commands on the next router, otherwise
> it will route the traffic out via it's default route, (remember the
> destiation address is still for the internet, not for the squid
> address).

Good point, easily overlooked, I'm sure :)

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the police are British, the chefs are Italian, the beer is
Belgian, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment