[squid-users] Help needed...Authentication changes

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:40:47 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,
    I am using squid-2.5.STABLE4 in no cache mode.It
is configured to use pam_auth for authentication.
    The requirement that I have is as follows :-
    The first time a request comes from a particular
IP , squid should send back a 407 Proxy Authentication
Required message.The browser will prompt the user with
a login page and subsequently validate the user and
cache the login info.But for subsequent requests for a
certain time period(that can be read from a
configuration file based on the user group), the proxy
should not send back a 407 Proxy Authentication
Required message and hence the browser should not
prompt the login page for that time period.
     Kindly tell me how this can be achieved in squid.

   Regards and TIA,
      Deepa

Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com