Re: [squid-users] Configure with or without option?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:31:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Awie wrote:

> In FAQ, there is an instruction below to enable transparent proxy

> Squid-2 (after version beta25) has IP filter support built in. Simple enable
> it when you run configure:
>
> ./configure --enable-ipf-transparent

Wasn't you using Linux? The above option is for systems using IP-Filter
and Linux is not among those systems..

For linux the option you want is --enable-linux-netfilter

> However, I can run transparent proxy without enable the option above (Squid
> 2.4S7 and 2.3S4).

Not really. Your "transparently intercepting" proxy will crash requests
from HTTP/1.0 clients not sending Host headers unless the correct options
are given to configure when you build your Squid. Such clients are usually
seen integrated into other software such as automatic anti-virus
definition updates etc.

> What is the effect if I do not enable the option? Does the option only
> affect to version 2.5?

Same situation.