Re: [squid-users] xmalloc and out of memory errors in messages log

From: Tay Teck Wee <wolfpacks01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:41:34 +0800 (CST)

 --- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote: >
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Tay Teck Wee wrote:

> > > And which memory model is the kernel compiled
> for?
> >
> > What does memory model mean? And what would be the
> > preferred model?
>
> The Linux kernel (on X86 class CPUs) has three
> different memory models.
> Which is preferred depends on the amount of physical
> memory.
The physical memory on the machine is 2G. What would
you advice on the model? Also, I just found out my
machine is compiled with a limit of 1G virtual
memory(from page.h). I think this is the same as
saying my data segment size(imposed by kernel)is
capped at 1G?

> See the kernel configuration when building the
> kernel.
Will do. Thanks.

> > > And how large is your Squid process?

my squid process size from top is typically from 500
to 900M(value under the SIZE column).