[squid-users] x_forwarded_for

From: Ashley Hayes <ahayes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:18:11 -0400

Please help!

I've been down for 5 days. I have searched the FAQs and although I've seen
it described when I do it there is no change that takes effect.

My problem:

        I am running e-smith with squid as a package. I am supposed to be
filtered through an external source. Bess at N2h2 - What happens is that
squid keeps forwarding my internal ip in the header and that sends a
message to my proxy that it is NOT to be filtered. The effect is that my
students are NOT being filtered.

I have gone into squid.conf.default and have changed every option of
        forwarded_for to off I have written and quit this change. I must be
missing something because even after a restart the forwarding still
remains active. Could someone show me exactly what this section of the
file should look like in order for it to work. I have over 400 students
and teachers waiting to regain their Internet access.

Thanks - The more "dummied down the better" exactly what I should do.

thanks again

Ashley