[squid-users] squid_ldap_auth password problem

From: Schmiga, Steffen <steffen.schmiga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:22:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm relativ new in this field. Although I've read the manpages and lots of
mails in the archive I haven't found anything concerning my problems.

I've installed squid 2.5 stable 2 and I try to use the squid_ldap_ath to
authenticate the user against an iPlanet-LDAP-Server. As far as I've seen
you can specify the field for the username/login with the "-u" Flag. But:

a)
What is the fieldname for the password ? How can I specify that ? Or is this
in all cases userPassword ?
As I've seen, there does not exist any field in the LDAP-Server now.

b)
What kind of encryption is used to specify the password ? Or must it be
stored in cleartext in the LDAP ?

Thanks for any answers,
Steffen