Re: [squid-users] Authentication by NT Domain Server

From: Björn Streicher <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:41:11 +0200

Hi,

> I am setting up a Squid proxy server on a machine that network users
> should use as proxy :) The network behind though is a Windows NT
> Domain, so I want to use the NT authentication to register when using
> the proxy (so only authenticated users can use that proxy). Is there
> a possibility to realize that and if where can I get information
> about that?

Squid can do this of course! ;-)

Daniel Palmer has posted a link to his guide on this topic recently.
Here it is again:
http://itmanagers.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4. You may
want to search the squid-users-Archive for the full posting (Title:
Squid, Samba 3 and NTLM authentication - a walkthrough)

Keywords are: NTLM, Samba, wb_auth, winbind

I'm also working on a more detailed HOWTO and i hope to complete it
within the next two weeks...

Regards,
Björn Streicher