RE: [squid-users] HTTP/1.1 reverse Proxy over SSL?

From: Sean Brennan <sbrennan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:28:30 -0700

I got it working

http_port 80
http_port 8080

https_port 443 cert=/usr/local/squid/ssl_gw.pem

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 0

httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

The only issue is that with httpd_accel_host Virtual and httpd_accel_port 0,
with accel port 0, the server on the back end still needs to listen to port
443, even through it's not doing the SSL encryption/decryption. If all the
servers on the back end a just listening to port 80, then set the
httpd_accel_port 80. With this scenario, httpd_accel_port 80, the squid will
do the SSL encryption/decryption on port 443 (or what ever you set it to on
the https_port in the config file) and send clear text to the back-end web
servers over port 80.

When you set the httpd_accel_port 0, it will forward the clear text to the
back end server on whatever port the client came into the squid on.

-Sean