Re: [squid-users] Single squid in a squid -> filter -> squid setup

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:40:09 +1000

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 07:29, Joshua Brindle wrote:
> He's right, it will work but the loopback trigger will happen and be logged,
> What I found easier was using a simple proxy for the outer proxy so that
> you don't have the caching overhead, and using squid internally using
> ACL's..

Which suffers because the dansguardian policy no longer applies per
request. Thus my suggestion for no-caching on the inside, caching on the
outside. And (as is in the FAQ) two squid will run -just fine-, be
simpler to debug, and have more useful logs.

> The bigger problem is that you can't tell squid to use a certain
> parent for 1 outgoing ACL and a different one for another (as far as I
> can tell).

peer_access <peer> allow|deny acl acl acl ...

> So I have basically accomplished this (still waiting on a few bugs
> in squid-3 that are showstoppers before I can move it to production) by

Which bugs? Are they attached to 524?

Rob