Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 - Received Segment Violation...dying

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:50:21 +1000

Henrik,
Thanks for your help.
It all works very well now after upgraded to STABLE4, the "Segment
Violation" has NOT shown up since.
Regards,
Daniel

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Daniel Lim wrote:

> I am using Squid Version 2.5.STABLE1 running on Redhat 7.2 kernel
> 2.4.9-34
> In the cache.log file there are intermittent occurrences of FATA
> messages like this..
>
> FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.
> 2003/09/18 13:20:55| storeDirWriteCleanLogs: Starting...

Then your first action should be to upgrade to 2.5.STABLE4 to make sure

this is not one of the bugs already corrected.

If that does not help file a bug report in our bug reporting tool.
Remember to read the Squid FAQ section on how to file a bug report as
this
contains vital information on what the report needs to include to make
it
possible for the developers to find the cause of the problem.

> My apologies I could not find a version 2.5 related issue at the
Squid
> support site.

Did you find http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/?

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish, copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email, or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.