Re: [squid-users] Single squid in a squid -> filter -> squid setup

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:06:06 +0100

> > We are planning on using the "peer_access <peer> allow|deny acl acl acl
>..."
> > ACL so I am glad someone else has further confirmed this 'should' work.
>I'm
> > hoping this will work fine with external ACL's aswell? We will be
>writing a
> > custom one to allow us to authorise users based on our custom Identd
>string
> > returned from clients.
>
>That will be more problematic, as the ports aren't exposed to external
>ACL's at this point. If you want to do ident, you need to have squid
>perform the ident checks. (You can check the ident result in an external
>helper IIRC).

Yep, Squid will do the identd lookup and pass this to the external ACL we
write. As far as possible we really want to use what is already in
existence and has been tested. So far the only thing we need to do that
doesn't exist within Squid is check a custom identd string. Something which
I wouldn't expect Squid to do anyhow!

There is a webpage for the entire projet which I won't post on this list but
if people 'are' interested I'm happy to reply offlist.

Thanks and regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger