[squid-users] Problem with connection time out on SCO Linux server

From: Shikha <shikhamunjal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:17:07 +0530

Hi all,

I have configured squid on sco linux server through webmin first and
then manually. Here are some details:
1) I need proxy server for a lab of 10 machines of different
platforms(windows/*x). 2)the machine on which I have set up squid has an
ip-based internet access through MS ISA server though LAN.
3) I am currently testing it on IE(Windows XP) client.

I have made following changes in the squid.conf file:
1) allowing series of ip 192.168.0.61-192.168.0.68/255.255.255.255
2) setting 3128 as proxy port.
3) uncommenting miss_access allow all line.
4) making other changes suggested in quickstart guide.

The current problems I am facing/faced are:
1) access denied in the basis of time(I have forgetten the exact
message). This was resolved by making changes in uncommenting
miss_access allow all. 2)Now I am receiving two errors simultaneously on
typing google.com:
 a) DNS server not found.
 B) error 110 - connection time out.

Kindly suggest any mistakes that I may have made or details I have
overlooked. Please do let me know if any further information is
required.

Thanks in advance,
Shikha