Re: [squid-users] Customize error messages with script language (php...)

From: Luc DUMAINE <ldumaine@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:51:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Fabrice Chaillou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to customize the error messages with some php code.
> I tried to insert <?php echo "test" ?> in the appropriated customized
> error page.
> It did'nt work (I guess because the page returned to apache is not php
> file... right?)

when it is sending the error pages, squid acts somewhat as an HTTP server.

if you want to insert php code in your error pages, squid would need to
integrate a php interpreter.

> Has somebody a solution to insert some code in the errors pages ?

if it is only for forbidden pages, if you rely on a redirector like
squidguard you can redirect the user to an URL on an http server, that
could be a php page.