[squid-users] Squid blocking win update

From: Marcos Andre <mandre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:43:42 -0300

I have a Slackware 9.1 Kernel 2.4.22-grsec Proxy server that is not allowing
MS Win update to scan the Win 2K workstations inside my intranet.

For the first time that i set Proxy as transparent adding the follow line
inside my rc.firewall,

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
 --to-port 3128

,Win update has worked, after that, seens like a win update page is still
in the cache. I created cache again and nothing. I put win update page as
no_cache and microsoft.com as always_direct as follow:

acl win urlpath_regex windowsupdate
no_cache deny win

acl sitewin dstdomain .microsoft.com
always_direct allow sitewin

and it still not working. In the troubleshoot page of win update the error
reported is from SSL connection, the SSL 443 port is opened to forward in
the firewall,

iptables -A FORWARD -i $INT -o $EXT -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT

and squid.conf is setting to allow SSL_ports

acl SSL_ports port 443 563
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

What can be happening?
Anybody can help me solving this problem?

Regards,

Marcos Andre Freitas
Project Manager
Linux Associates