[squid-users] Trouble with access.log

From: matt <iamtheinformant@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of my school, which uses the
Squid proxy (on Linux) to block access to porn,
violence, drugs, and other materials accessable on the
internet.

We have run into an issue which I was wondering if
anyone knows of a fix (in squid.conf, or otherwise)
for...

When the access.log records accesses (including a
TCP_DENY that is a blocked site), a URL such as a
Google search that has the "?" (query) character in it
is cut off at the question-mark. This can be
problematic when a Google search is blocked for /some/
reason, but we cannot tell what the search was
actually for.

Is there something we can do to have the entire URL
logged / is there a new version of Squid that corrects
this?

Thanks in advance,
matt garber