[squid-users] balance between parent & direct

From: Michael Smirnov <smb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:03:54 +0400

1.
Is it possible to balance requests between my 2 channels:
direct connection(leased line) and parent proxy(a satellite provider),
in the manner like weight+round-robin ?

2.
I'd like to have 66% of requests go through a satellite proxy,
and 33% - through the leased line,
because my satellite bandwitdth is 2 times wider that leased line.

If I my leased line's provider had a proxy, and I used 2 these parents
with options round-robin and weght=66 and 33,
could I really get (almost)equal average loads of my 2 channels?