RE: [squid-users] Problem setting up squid with ntlm authentication

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:15:50 -0400

> I'm trying to setup a Squid Cache 2.5-STABLE4 with
> NTLM authentication from an NT 4.0 Domain.

> I use the wb_ntlmauth helper with the winbindd
> daemon that seems to be correctly configured (wbinfo
> -r & wbinfo -g runs correctly).

Read Squid FAQ 23, especially 23.5.

The tests you need to pay attention to is wbinfo -t (to test the
secret) and wbinfo -a domain\\username%password (to test
authentication). wbinfo -a should return success for both plain text
and challenge-response authentication. If not, then Samba isn't setup
to support NTLM.

> I've verified my login&password with wbinfo : It's correct.

How did you verify it? What was the full output of the command?

> So I think there's something wrong in my squid
> configuration....

From what you've shown, your squid.conf looks ok. Show us the output
from the wbinfo -a test, and also the output of squid -v.

You also didn't mention which version of Samba you were using - if you
are using Samba 3, you must use the helpers from Samba, not Squid.

Adam