[squid-users] Curious Behavior squid/squidGuard

From: WA Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:11:16 -0700

Hello,

I have added some capability to squidGuard to support NySQL queries, and
this all works fine if I run squidGuard from the command line. That is,
I can query MySQL cleanly. Also, I put some debugging hooks in
squidGuard that write out to temporary files to monitor my progress
through the squidGuard code as I add additional code throughout
squidGuard. This also works okay from the command line.

Now the curious situation is that when I call my hacked squidGuard from
squid as a redirector, none of the MySQL queries work and none of my
temporary debugging files are being written to. Once I did find one of
my temporary files over in the squid cache directory, but I blew it away
and it never came back.

Anybody know what is going on here? Why is it that modifications to
squidGuard work from the command line, but not when called from squid?
Does squid hold some kind of state environment for the redirect_program
when squid is started, restarted or reloaded? If so, how do I turn this
state off?

Thanks,
Murrah Boswell