Re: [squid-users] redirect just the first request

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:18:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Andras DORN wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>
> Sorry for the disturbing, but I would like to ask the the same question
> about the first redirect possibility. Is there any to solve the
> mentioned
> redirect?

Yes and no.

No, there is no function in Squid which does this.

No, HTTP is not suited for doing this.

Yes, it is theoretically possible to do this by using a redirector helper
to Squid which keeps track of which of your users are active, and when
seeing the first request from a previously inactive request redirecti him
to another page.

If you have control over the user stations then the user of a proxy pac
script for this is a lot simpler. See the related software page.