[squid-users] Re: Infos Squid 3.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:31:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 Andreas.Winter@moeller.net wrote:

> Hallo Mr. Nordström,
> we are very interesting about squid 3.0.
> We like to test the accelerting functions, but we dont now, how to configure
> this in Version 3.0.
> Please, do you have some documentation about the new features from
> http_port, https_port and cache peer.

All features are documented in squid.conf.default.

There is also information in the release notes trying to give an
indication of how these new directives relates to the older metods of
reverse proxying in Squid-2.X.

The main difference to remember is that http(s)_port has accelerator
related flags controllong how Squid should accept accelerated requests,
and the requests is then forwarded via cache_peer (selected by
cache_peer_access).