[squid-users] Squid and Privoxy

From: Alvaro Gordon-Escobar <alvaroge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:53:41 -0400

Hello Group

I trying to make modifications to my squid sever.
Yesterday it died and never came back up.
I decided to reinstall the whole thing.

I want to use privoxy to block all the adds crudd that fills the WWW.

I re-setup squid and had privoxy forward all request to squid.

Browser--->squid---> privoxy.

I was not able to get squid to forward to Privoxy, but I was able to do
it the other way around.

I found this link in google from al old post:

http://devel.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/test

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200307/1243.html

it clearly show that I am coming from squid when I do this

browser--privoxy-->squid.

Or Privoxy when I tell it no to forward.

I still running 2.4 stable 7.
Infact it was the only one that would run on my suse 8.1 box.
All the other would crash or not install (I just gave up and installed
the one that worked)

Can any one help me or guide me in the right direction.

Thanks