RE: [squid-users] Cisco WCCP redirect to squid?

From: Damian-Grint Philip <pdamian-grint@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:47:00 +0100

Yes - but there are issues - not all models seem to support WCCP - I have
1600s,1700s,2500s,2600s,3600s and 2948GL3 with IOS 11.1 through 12.2 and I
can only get it working on 3620s.

I can't remember where on the Cisco site I got it, but I think the following
is the current IOS status:

Release 11.1 & 11.2

* Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) Version 1 Introduced in
Release 11.1(14)CA on Cisco 7200 and 7500
* WCCP Version 1 Ported from Release 11.1(17)CA to 11.1(17)CC
* Other Platforms Supported on Release 11.2(13)P
* WCCP Redirect List Added in Release 11.1(18)CA and 11.2(12.4)P
* WCCP Group List Fixed in Release 11.1(19.1)CA and 11.2(14.2)P (See
CSCdk07174)

Release 12.0

* Support for WCCPv1

Release 12.0S

* Support for WCCPv1
* Support for WCCPv2 Added in Release 12.0(11)S
* CEF Distributed GRE Used by Distributed WCCP Added in Release
12.0(11)S
* WCCPv2 Input Feature Added in Release 12.0(11)S
* WCCP BGP Policy Propagation Added in Release 12.0(11)S
* Release 12.0(11)S WCCP Enhancements

Release 12.0T

* Release 12.0(1)T and 12.0(2)T Only Supports WCCPv1
* Releases 12.0(3)T and 12.0(4)T only Supports WCCPv2
* Release 12.0(5)T and Above Support Both WCCPv1 and WCCPv2

Release 12.1

* Support for WCCPv1 and WCCPv2

Release 12.1T<

* WCCPv2 Redirection on Inbound Interfaces Feature Added in Release
12.1(3)T
* This Feature is Available as Well on Release 12.0(11)S
* Release 12.1T WCCP Enhancements

I have also had problems relating to setting of DF bits for internal WCCP
routers with private addresses - had to use route maps to clear the DF bit.

Otherwise once I got everything working, it works like a dream - I found it
quite difficult to get the same level of resilience with manual configs and
proxy.pac

Confidentiality Notice
This communication and the information it contains:
(a) is intended for the person(s) or Organisation(s) named above and for no other persons or organisations and,
(b) may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.
When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to CCRE's terms and conditions of business notified to the client or expressed in the governing client engagement letter.
If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.