Re: [squid-users] Corrupted downloads?

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:23:04 +0100

On Friday 10 October 2003 11:51 am, Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I'm using squid 2.5Stable1 which uses another parent proxy.
>
> I noticed that many time I get corrupted downloads when I get files
> bigger than 4/5 MB.
> How come? Where could the trouble be?
>
> If I download _exactly_ the same file from another place (with another
> leased line) I get NO ERRORS at all!

What is the nature of the corruption? Are the files correct up to a certain
point, and then simply end, suggesting that the data stream got cut off, or
are there missing bytes within the file (so the resultant length is
shortened), or are some bytes changed (so the final file is the right length
but some of the contents are incorrect)?

What happens if you download the same file across the same leased line but
bypassing the Squid proxy?

What type of file/s get corrupted? Plain text? HTML? Binaries (images,
executables, arbitrary data)?

What is the MIME content type of the downloads which get corrupted?
Text/plain? Text/html? Application/octet-stream?

What does you Squid access.log tell you about the files which arrive
corrupted?

Hope some of these questions point in a helpful direction.....

Regards,

Antony.

--
If books were designed by Microsoft, the Anarchist's Cookbook would explode
when you read it.