[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy for multiple servers

From: Brynn Neilson <brynn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:51:52 +1300

Hi All!

I want to setup multiple Linux boxes with their own www, ssl, and ftp
servers behind one public IP. I tried Apache mod_proxy which worked fine for
www but would need to pass the ftp connections to something like ftp-proxy.
I don't have a problem with that but I'd rather that my Squid/Firewall box
just had the basics.

I've read posts that talk about setting up an internal DNS to handle the
internal routing but the Squid documentation says it can do all that. For
the last day and a half I haven't been able to get Squid to work the way I
want. Anyone got a sample squid.conf I can look at? Post the entire thing
if possible so I can see how you setup the rest of your squid.conf

I'm new to Linux so please write in "simple" language - da.

brynn :-)