[squid-users] ReiserFS's rupasov hash (still) best?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:07:12 -0700

Hello.

In the book "Linux Power Tools" the author says that when using a ReiserFS
file system for a Squid cache, the rupasov hash yeilds optimal
performance.

Is this true? This is the first time I've read/heard this assertion being
made, and I'm pretty attentive to Squid performance tuning options.

Note that I have 2 Squid installations, one on RedHat v7.3 and the other
on RedHat v9. Both are running with the caches on ReiserFS filesystems.

Is this information regarding the rupasov hash option accurate?

Thanks.