[squid-users] large parent child proxy setup

From: Ripunjay Bararia <ripunjay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:28:16 +0530

Greetings,

I need to install about 20 Proxies in the next one month and all of them
will be on a fiber backbone.
Typical concurrent user per proxy will be about 600-800 users at a time.
I'm a noob on this please help me out here with the questions below...

1. do all the POP-Proxy servers have a single Large Parent-Proxy or Multiple
Large Parent-Proxy's or every one is the others child
2. Does using cache digest improve the transfer of cached objects between
the proxy servers
3. does putting SCSI disks have any real benefit if compared to today's fast
IDE drives
4. best way to save bandwidth would be to .... after installing squid with
ReiserFS ? please

thanks in advance for all the help I have got from every one all the
time....

Ripunjay Bararia
Mumbai, India
Linux Rocks, and Squid Grooves...