RE: [squid-users] Delay pools

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:19:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Edmund Turner wrote:

> Is there a problem in my syntax for the magic and magic2 acls?
>
> acl Magic url_regex -i ftp .mp3 .vqf .tar.gz .gz .rpm .zip .rar .avi
> .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .ram .rm .iso .raw .wav

these are not valid regex expressions for what you want to match.

What you want it \.mp3$
this matches any URL ending in .mp3

\. tells regex that you want to match a literal dot, not any character (.
is normally a wildcard in regex, matching any characer)

$ tells regex that the match needs to be at the end. Withtout this the
match can be anywhere within the URL.

Also you want to use urlpath_regex rather than url_regex here.. see the
acl type descriptions in squid.conf.default.