Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxying, and gateway redirection problems

From: Daniel Barron <nettle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:08:32 +0100

In message <e8edc3414c.nettle@jadeb.com>
          Daniel Barron <nettle@jadeb.com> wrote:

[snip]
> This problem has only started happening since I upgraded the squid box from
> a RH6.2 to a RH8.
>
> I thought it might be icmp redirects so have switched it off in
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/send_redirects
>
> but this made no difference.
[snip]

Oh - how embarassing! Doing the above *did* make a difference and stopped
the clients from making a new route. But a mistake in the iptables meant
the iptable with the redirect from 80 was not linked in and so was never
called. I blame my collegue who set it up the iptables on the box ;)
This was discovered by using etherreal which showed the packets were indeed
routing through the filter - just not getting redirected to squid.

Thank you to everyone who replied!

--
Daniel Barron
(Visit http://dansguardian.org/ - True web content filtering for all)