Re: [squid-users] file downloading corruption

From: fooler <fooler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:49:14 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Camacho" <dcamacho@saipan.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:09 AM
Subject: [squid-users] file downloading corruption

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE1 and so far it's been doing
> great. However, I've had several complaints about file downloads being
> corrupted or incomplete while others say that the file gets fully
> downloaded but when they try to open it, say with Winzip, it complains
that
> the file is not a archive file. Does anyone know how to deal with this
> problem? Thanks for any help.

hi sir danny,

    here are the possible candidates to your problem that i can think of:

    1. broken tcp/ip stack
    2. broken virtual memory
    3. broken filesystem
    4. broken disk driver
    5. bad hard disk
    6. bad disk cable
    7. bad ram
    8. bad motherboard
    9. erratic power supply
    10. source file is corrupt

    for number 1, no matter how bad or dirty the link is, if the tcp/ip
stack is not broken, the tcp layer (layer 4) will handle that reliably..

    for number 2 to 9, try to secure a good file and copy it to your proxy
server and do a diff or md5 checksum...

    for number 10, try to download it on a separate good and working
machine...

    otherwise if all false, squid is the culprit :->

fooler.
P.S. im a friend of jonathan of JMC :->