Re: [squid-users] file downloading corruption

From: fooler <fooler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:53:49 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <robertc@squid-cache.org>
To: "fooler" <fooler@skyinet.net>
Cc: "Daniel Camacho" <dcamacho@saipan.com>; "Squid Users"
<squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] file downloading corruption

>On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 12:49, fooler wrote:
>> otherwise if all false, squid is the culprit :->
>>

>Not necessarily: Two more issues:
>some browsers, with some sites using CE headers, save a .gz file
>decompressed - with the wrong extension. (I.e. foo.tar.gz is saved with
>the name foo.tar.gz, but is actually foo.tar internally).

hi rob,

    another thing, if you move a unix repository using tar and then the tar
file is expanded in windows using winzip, you have to make sure the default
tar switch in winzip is cleared... you can check this by go to
options/configuration/miscellaneous/other and find and clear the check box
"TAR file smart CR/LF conversion"... winzip has an erroneous assumption that
they are a text files... but i assume that the original poster is having a
problem with zip file corruption instead of tar thingy :->

fooler.