[squid-users] probably a simple question

From: Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:49:21 +0100

Hi all,
got what is probably a simple question:-

99% of the time I use an auto proxy config script to select whether to go
direct to a site or via my caches

The othe 1% of the time I configure an explicit web cache ( for testing
purposes) in IE6 and then specify an exclusion list for *.hull.ac.uk i.e.
go to the cache for any urls that aren't in our local domain.

the above is all very well, but i also want to access some of our network
boxes using their ip address. Can you tell ie to go direct to an ip
address? I've tried adding ;150.237 to the exclude list and that doesn't
work
Does anyone know if is possible to tell ie to go direct to ip addresses?

TIA
Alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.01a