[squid-users] file downloads still install

From: Alvaro Gordon-Escobar <alvaroge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:40:54 -0400

Hello group.

Does any one know the file extension of the file that downloads when a
user goes to the win update website?

I am referring to the file needed by Microsoft to scan the computer for
patches. This and other downloads seem to get through the squid server.
The one I hate the most is the gator.com installs.

I need some help to block them.
I am currently blocking .exe just fine as well as other know extensions.

Running squid 2.4stable7 on Suse 8.1
The proxy works just fine, and it does a great job at blocking the porn
site list add servers, mp3 exe bat, and a few other things

~alvaro