[squid-users] Heavy Load...

From: Rogger Vasquez <rvasquez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:31:30 -0600

Hi ...
We are using Squid 2.5, and on peak times we have 100 users connected
Browsing ... And all goes Well , but a friend of mine in other
more big campus of my university, try squid but there are 700 users
connected on peak times, browsing ...

And after a while squid becomes very slow, and eventually no one can
browse on the Internet ...
Server is a Dell with 2 pentium processors and SCSI disks, and 1 GB of
MEM ... and 2 NICS 100Mbps each ...

Some questions :
In your experience, what configuration parameters should we look at to
improve Squid ... CACHE_MEM ?, or the UFS file system what size will be
better ...
Or what other parameters we have to take on account ?

Thanks in advance ..