[squid-users] Need help running 2 copy of squid

From: Santosh Mishra <santoshmishra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:20:12 +0530

Hello folks...

How are you all.. Hope this is possible. If I run squid in as a normal proxy
people
who haven't set up proxy in their browsers/softwares cant access the net.
Also
those softwares where you cannot specify any proxy settings. So I decided to
use
transparent proxy. Now people who have set proxy in their browsers/softwares
cannot acces the net, while those who haven't set the proxy settings can.

Now, this might seem weird but I was thinking is it possible to run 2 copies
of squid side by side, using two different configuration files? So one can
run
as a normal proxy and the other can run as a transparent proxy.

I am using squid 2.4 STABLE6 on ASPLinux/P4-1.7/ 256 DDR RAM / 80GB IDE.

Hope I am not wasting your time asking a stupid question.

Thanking you all in advance

Santosh Mishra