[squid-users] mod_expire newbie question?

From: Christian Purnomo <cpurn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:10:21 +1000

HI All,

I have a proprietary program running under
/cgi-bin/path/something.wxh?var=1&var2=fred. This programs reads the data from
a database which content gets updated once a day, thus the output of
something.wxh is always static for 24 hours.

I'm trying to figure out a way I can refresh my cache every day, ideally the
caches would be re-freshed as soon as the database is updated (at a specific
time via cron job). One way of doing this that I can see is to include 'Expires: ....GMT' header for something.wxh and the date HAS TO be absolute, as in:
        Expires: Tue Oct 21 2003 17:05:44 GMT

So if the databases gets updated at 5pm every day, the cache will expire soon
after the database update process finishes and the client will get an fresh
object.

I have read mod_expire module from apache but I can't see how I can set set an ABSOLUTE date for a particular object, say in my example, I would like the mime .wxh to be appended the 'Expires: header'.

Would anyone be able to share their thoughts on this?

Thanks muchly.

Christian.