[squid-users] Transparent Proxy Problem

From: Mahmood Ahmed <braveheart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:38:04 +0500

Hello All!

I know it very well that the problem i am seeking help about is not squid
related but as i am so desperate thats why i am asking this question here.
my squid 2.5 Stable 4 is running very fine, iptables is redirecting the port
80 to port 8080 but clients accessing https sites like hotmail and
rhn.redhat.com are not able to get through. As i am only redirecting http
traffic and allowing ip_forwarding thats why i cant understand why my clients
cant access https sites.
my iptables rule is as follow

/usr/bin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 202.133.44.0/0 --dport
80:80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080
I will be very thank full to recieve any help.

PS: MSN messenger and yahoo messenger are working fine with squid ( no
problem of login or file transfer)

Regards
Mahmood Ahmed

--
This mail has been sent using Buraak Net's Mailing System
(http://www.buraak.net.pk)