Re: [squid-users] Allow_direct and Never_direct

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:57:07 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 zottmann@ig.com.br wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have sent a similar question before, but did not manage to solve the
> problem.
>
> I need to allow certain users of a Windows group to always bypass our
> cache_peer and the other ones to never bypass it.
>
> I am using the following configuration:
>
> always_direct allow windows_group
> always_direct deny all
> never_direct allow all
>
> The users belonging to windows_group are always going direct (good!!), but
> the other ones sometimes goes direct and sometimes go through our cache_peer
>
> What may be going wrong?

There is another way to do this, and it may work better for you.
you can use 'cache_peer_access' like this:

    cache_peer_access neighbor.name deny windows_group

Then to make sure most of your users never bypass the
parent, you can use never_direct rules like this:

    never_direct deny windows_group
    never_direct allow all

Duane W.