Re: [squid-users] 2 GB file size limit

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:08:17 +0100

On Thursday 23 October 2003 12:56 pm, Bernhard Erdmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Squid 2.5STABLE1 on RedHat Linux 8.0 + SGI XFS 1.2 just crashed because
> access.log grew to 2 GB size.
>
> How can I build squid to handle file sizes > 2 GB properly?

Why do you want >2Gbyte log files? Surely you should either be rotating
your log files, or else they contain information which nobody is ever going
to be bothered to look through?

I know it's not an answer to your question, but I've never understood the
purpose of keeping such enormous quantities of logging information?

Regards,

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.