Re: [squid-users] Seamless authentication for squid linux in a NT Domain using samba and winbind!

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:30:33 +0200

Hi,

At 22.14 23/10/2003, Thomas.Bauer@hansgrohe.com wrote:

>Hi,
>squid crashes a few times a day with no specific reason. I haven't tried
>to use STABLE 4.

In the STABLE 4 release there are some significative bug fixes regarding
sockets handling on Windows. The recommended platform for running Squid on
Windows is currently Windows 2000, because Windows NT lacks some socket
functionality.

How many squid users ?

>There are also different problems with the ntlm_auth so you can logon on
>even you don't have access when you know how to do it.
>You can logon without a password as long as the username is valid.

This is a known problem in the current ntlm authenticator for Windows. I
have already a new ntlm authenticator implementing a full NTLMSSP native
protocol, but it seems that there are some problems in the current ntlm
Squid implementation causing random authentication request in Internet
Explorer 6 SP1.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/