[squid-users] Squid Traffic Accounting

From: Fadjar Tandabawana <fadjar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:38:50 +0800

Dear Gurus,

I just looking for some application to limit the squid user based on traffic
accounting.
I just found squid2mysql and statman, but it's not to sufficient way to
limit the user regarding the environment.

Squid2mysql use OK or ERR response from authentication, but this way could
not work in my squid 2.5 stable4.
Statman using techniques to replace user in squid.conf if there meet with
the conditions, but this techniques not suitable if we have squidguard or
dansguardian.
The squid2mysql could not use the "native" authenticator that follow the
squid distibution, but the technique is better than statman.
Using ERR or OK response from auth_param is the better way to check user.

Is there any tools or another technique to reach my goal?

Regards,
Fadjar Tandabawana