Re: [squid-users] Read Receipts- Why? IT'S A MAILING LIST!

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:21:09 +0100

On Friday 24 October 2003 1:06 pm, Mark A. Lewis wrote:

> I have noticed that quite a few of the people posting here request read
> receipts. I for one feel that this is basically foolish and should be
> stopped. It is not only a pain for all the subscribers, but produces a
> ton of COMPLETELY unneeded mail from both ends.

Quite a few people use email clients where settings such as this may not be
simple to adjust on a message-by-message basis - the client either requests
receipts, or it doesn't, for all emails sent.

Anyway, if you don't like sending out such receipts, you can always tell your
mail application not to respond to the requests.

Regards,

Antony.

--
This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable