Re: [squid-users] Log file size limit

From: Fernando Maior <fernando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:58:07 -0300 (BRT)

List, out of curiosity, what are the steps squid
does when we issue a "squid -k rotate"?

My guess:
1) renames files acording to some standard
2) stops listening to the incoming traffic
3) closes the old file
4) creates the new log file
5) starts listening to the incoming traffic

And how many time is spent in that process?
The size of the log file or memory cache
does mean a difference in time spent on
log rotating?

Many thanks!

--