RE: [squid-users] squid startup problems

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:04:40 -0400

> I need a little schooling on (re)compiling. How can I force
> make install to recopy everything? Ill save the conf file
> off... Its not repopulating the /usr/sbin/squid binary for
> instance...

Squid will, by default, put the binary in /usr/local/squid/sbin. Given
the fact that you have messages indicating a 2.4-series Squid (which
is frequently use in packages), I think you may have Squid installed
as a binary package.

Try doing an rpm -qa | grep "squid" (or the equivalent for apt-get if
you're using Debian or a variant). See if you have a binary Squid
package installed, and remove it if you do.

Adam