[squid-users] running out of hard disk space

From: Noel Clarkson <noel.clarkson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:27:32 +1100

Hi there,

I've been running a RedHat 7.0 box with squid 2.3.STABLE4 and it's been
running fine for ages. Just the other day it starts using a lot more cpu
and memory than I've seen it use in the past and filling the hard disk the
cache is on. The cache is on it's own partition that's 1.8G, and the
cache_dir disk space was set up as 1600 but I changed it to 1400 because it
keeps filling the partition and then after reorting errors in the log,
clears about 150Mb and then proceeds to fill it again. This happens again
and again with the cpu sitting at between 60 and 100% usage and about 40%
memory usage (dual P3 450, 256Mb ram).

Any ideas what might be causing this or even where to look. I can't
understand why it is even comming close to filling the partition (it has
it's own partition and it is only the cache no logs or anything else), I'm
completely confused!

cheers,

noel