Re: [squid-users] Running Squid in transparency mode

From: Michael Buck <mbuck@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:20:26 -0700

The Squid Users Guide is incomplete. Particularly chapter 9 entitled
"Transparent Caching". See:

http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/book1.html

 The most important sections , "Filtering Traffic", "Kernel
Redirection", and "Squid Settings" are not done. See:

Filtering Traffic
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x2595.html

Kernel Redirection
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x2609.html

Squid Settings
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x2612.html

Is the information that should be contained in these sections
available?

-MBUCK

yOn Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Michael Buck wrote:

> I am looking for information on how to configure Squid to run in
> transparency mode. The section in the Squid documentation about
> transparency is incomplete.

What part is incomplete?

Please be a little more specific what you are looking for but did not
find
in how to configure Squid for interception caching.