RE: [squid-users] NTLM Auth in Active Directory.

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:08:32 -0500

> I have a test machine running Squid 2.5 Stable 4 and
> Samba 3.0.0 doing NTLM authentication on our Active
> Directory Domain.

> However, It appears that squid and samba are trying
> to authenticate against client machines.

What do you mean by "authenticating against client machines"? It is
using the machine name instead of the user name, or is it trying to
verify the NTLM credentials against the client machine instead of AD?

> How do I get authentication to work against username
> and pasword instead?

This is what it should be doing. What are you seeing that makes you
believe it's not doing this?

Adam